So, this morning Jack decided he didn't want to get his clothes on and pick up his room. This all led to one major meltdown. He wanted to 'take a rest' which means go lay in his bed with his pacifier (yes, he still has one....). Well, we aren't allowing the pacifier during tantrums anymore, so that really got him worked up! I left him in his room screaming and crying out "Mommy, come here. I need you." for about 15 minutes. Thinking that maybe if I go into his room he'll settle down, I poke my head into his room. Oh, no. This now escalates the screaming and crying to "Go away! I don't want you here." Hmmm. So we were crying out for mommy to come to us, and now that she's here, we want her to go away... I'm missing something!
After this fiasco and another 15 minutes of screaming, I decide that I need to take a quiet shower in my locked bathroom. Of course, Jack comes running to the bathroom and beating down the door, since it wouldn't open. Luckily this is Saturday and Matt, who was putting the infant car seat in the car, heard the commotion and came it to 'rescue' me and let me have my 15 minutes of peace.
Now why did we want a 2nd child??? :)
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment