Saturday, August 30, 2008

Steel Trap

Ok, so I figured out where my mommy brain cells go.... to Jack! This kid has a steel trap mind.

Today, on our way to church, we passed the road that winds back to where I have worked a few times this past spring. It was a speech-therapy based pre-school and when I worked, Jack would go into one of the classes. I worked there probably 5 times over the course of a couple of months back in April and May.
So, as we're driving by the road (you can't even see the school from where we were), Jack blurts out: "Turn that way, go to school!' I'm thinking, what?!?, he can't possibly remember that!! Isn't that crazy?

And then today, I was on Rhapsody and looking for some Veggie Tales songs to download. Jack loves listening to their songs. I played the song, 'Stand', which is from 'Rack, Shack and Benny'. We had this episode taped on our DVR this spring, but since we have moved, we no longer have that DVR and haven't watched that particular epsiode for well over 4 months now. When I played 'Stand', Jack immediately says: "The bunny song!!" (which, if you've seen the show, you know that he's exactly right!)
Needless to say, we have now listened to 'Stand' about 20 times already today!

I'm getting nervous now.... what will he say to his teachers about things we've said or done at home?!?! :)

0 comments: