So, at our pre-school open house, I found out that Jack is the only one not potty trained.... hmmmmmmm. I know that rationally, I should not be concerned with Jack's lack of interest in the potty, but as a superficial human being, of course I was bothered by this!
So, I broke out the big guns. Suckers, M&M's, Jelly Beans, giant Marshmallows.... whatever he even expressed an interest in, I bought it, hoping that he could be bribed. Ugh, no avail. He could care less about that. I then bought some 'big boy' underwear, with Spiderman on it. He liked the idea of running around in just his undies (which soon became running around naked).
But the craziest thing happened...... he started telling me that he had to go potty!!! Usually, he would start to go a bit, then run like crazy upstairs shouting "Mommy, go potty!" So, we had a couple of small messes to clean up and a few pants to change, but I think he's really getting it!
Tonight, before he took his bath he looked at me and said "Peepee!", so we dropped his drawers and jumped on the potty - and his pants were dry! Hooray for Spiderman! :)
Anyway, most of you moms are rolling your eyes and saying, 'duh!', but I'm stoked!! I thought for sure he'd be 4 before he even was INTERESTED in going!
Monday, September 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment