Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of Preschool!

TahDahhhhh! We made it through our first day of Pre-school! And I didn't shed one tear!! (ok, my eyes did well up a bit.....) Of course, having your child fight you tooth and nail to get dressed, brush his teeth and get his shoes on helped ease that 'transition'! :)

Jack was very excited once we got into the building. He remembered where his room was and remembered his teacher's name (Mrs. Jennifer). He was running toward the toys..... but NO! Mrs. Jennifer directed him to a chair to color. Oh boy. He looked at me like, "why can't I play with the toys?!". We urged him to color and as we were saying 'goodbye', he started saying "Wait! wait for me!" Uh-oh. Luckily, Mrs. Jennifer saw what was going on and quickly diverted his attention so that we could sneak away. Of course, I had to hang outside the door for a few minutes to see if he was going to be ok (he was).

After 4 hours (!yay!), I went to pick him up. As soon as I walked into the room he starts "crying" about how he fell down. Mrs. Jennifer cleared the confusion by telling me that he had some 'trouble' sitting in his seat and fell down while doing so. She also told me that he did fine today, but he is "all boy". HA!

Since I used to work in the school system, I know all these teacher "sayings". Like "trouble sitting in his seat" probably meant - "I had to tell him 10 times to sit down and then finally we just held him in his seat until he cooperated!" and "what kind of child are you raising! He needs to learn how to listen!" (of course, this is all MY interpretation.... :) )
And the best line: "he's all boy". Which in my post teaching experience usually means. "He's going to have lots of time-outs this year!"

We got home and he didn't even protest about taking a nap! I think this school thing is going to work out alright.

0 comments: